Important Information Regarding COVID-19
Hope this note finds you and your families safe and in good health!
In support of the national efforts to fight the COVID- 19 pandemic, our practice is taking the following steps to help assure your health and well-being and that of our community:
- We are following directives from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as a way to limit patient and staff exposure to this virus.
- Dentistry has been deemed an “essential business” in the Governor’s “Stay Safe, Stay Home” executive order because dental exams help avoid emergency room visits due to pain or infection, which allows emergency room doctors to focus on the critically ill at this time. Thus, our office is currently open with modified business hours. Dr. Kiguradze is currently seeing only patients with dental pain, dental trauma, and patients in need of urgent dental restorative care. Routine visits for preventive treatment are set to resume in upcoming weeks. We will be in touch soon to schedule the appointments we had to cancel since 3/18/20.
- Until we resume our regular operations, Dr. Kate will be available for teledentistry consultations over the phone and in-office dental emergency visits as needed. Please note that a limited evaluation fee will be billed to your insurance for phone consultations and you may receive a bill if there is a remaining balance. If your child needs urgent care, please text or call 203-434-7170. Leave a message with your name and the best phone number to reach you. If this is a true emergency and your call is not returned within 20 minutes, please take your child to the nearest hospital emergency room.
Our practice strictly adheres to and exceeds the standards for infection control by wearing personal protective gear, using hospital-grade disinfectants, practicing the latest sterilization protocols, utilizing single-use disposable materials, and more. Every effort we have in place is to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. We want you to know that we are monitoring this situation very closely, and we will keep you updated regularly.
We will contact you soon to reschedule all routine appointments. Once we resume our regular operations, for the foreseeable future, we will have the following modifications to scheduling and delivering care in our practice:
- We ask that you notify us ahead of the appointment if you or your child have any cold/flu like symptoms, have been in contact with any known COVID-19 patient or traveled to a high risk area within 14 days of your appointment. If any of the above applies, the non-emergency appointment will have to be rescheduled to a later date.
- Only one parent/caregiver will be allowed to accompany the children to their appointments. If children are comfortable coming into the treatment rooms without a parent, we ask that you allow them to do so and wait for them in the waiting room. Parents must wear face masks upon entering the office.
- Please do not bring the siblings unless they too have scheduled appointments.
- Upon arrival, all children and accompanying adults will be asked about their health status and the temperature will be checked. If anyone presents with any cold/flu like symptoms or if the temperature reading is above 99F (low grade fever), the appointment will be rescheduled unless it is for a true dental emergency.
- All children and caregivers will be required to use a hand sanitizer or wash their hands with soap and water for 20 sec after they check in and prior to coming into the treatment area.
- All toys, books and magazines will be removed from the waiting room to minimize potential transmission. We will be disinfecting most touchable hard surfaces several times a day.
- All appointments during the day will be spaced out in a way that will allow for 6 feet and more social distancing for the parents in the waiting area.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but this is done with the health and safety of our patients, staff and community in mind.
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible.
Dr. Kate Kiguradze and the team at Darien Pediatric Dentistry, LLC
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links: